Windows 11, are you ready for it?

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

 Windows 11 was released on October 5, 2021 with less publicity than previous windows. I don't even know about this announcement or I was having this impression that Windows 10 will be the last windows and they will do OS updates to bring latest features, security and etc.

I am comfortably using Windows 10 and no major issues with it especially I use it for playing games. You know how gamers hate every time there is a major OS upgrade, the first question will always be 'Will it improve the game performance especially the frame rate?'. Lol. I can't blame them on this. 

I have my Predator laptop which is eligible for a free upgrade but I didn't bother to upgrade. Why? I like to wait for Windows 11 major patch when they will properly fixed some of the bugs, drivers, and etc. 

If you're someone who doesn't really care or willing to go for the new OS. I would recommend try the in-place upgrade via Windows Update (where you can downgrade to Windows 10 if you're not happy) but in doing so, it will eats your disk space which you may need to consider.

I have another laptop which I recently brought for $100, a HP EliteBook 830 G5 model. I had it clean install with Windows 11. My first impression? Wow but the UI/UX is familiar (if you have been using MacOS you will notice this). So far I have seen improvement in battery consumption which is very low with 'Battery Saver' feature on. I have yet to try most of the features but I am happy with Windows 11.

Are you ready to switch? 



1 comment

 

Popular Posts

Visits

web traffic statistics

Recent comments