Sportypal versus Endomondo? Which one?

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ever since I used my HD2... I become someone who like to try anything new with the phone features. This post I only talk about GPS feature.

What is GPS? GPS is a navigational system involving satellites and computers that can determine the latitude and longitude of a receiver on Earth by computing the time difference for signals from different satellites to reach the receiver.

I have use the feature so many times. It has helped me to find my way in Philippines, West Malaysia, East Malaysia and recently in Singapore. Google map is really awesome. It can be as accurate as possible. I had try many applications but Google map still the best!

Not only it helps me to pin point which and where I want to go... but the feature helps me during my workouts too. Mostly during my driving and running sessions. I have use Sportpal for almost a year now. I have been so loyal and it gives me all the statistics that i wanted to see. You can see how many calories have burned, distance traveled, time, speed and etc.

Now I have use Android in my HD2.. I was curious how it performs in Android. After giving it a try last monday during my driving session from my workplace in seria to my house. I give it 5/5! It's awesome compare to Sportypal for windows. Every 1km you cross, it will tells you how much distance and time you had covered. I played music in the background, it works pretty well simultaneously.



Now... for my newly sports application... Endomondo. Yes. The name itself sounds weird. I was thinking about komodo dragon when i first thought about the app name. LOL. Comment? I give it 4.5/5! It's more or less the same as sportypal... you can view more details in the website. What i like the most about this app is... GPS signal is very accurate and it draws on the map pretty awesome! It also recorded what music that i played during my session. But the music halt every time i passed 1km... the narrative takes about 5-6 seconds to finish. Not so intelligent as Sportypal.



The BEST part is... BOTH ARE FREE!!! :)

1 comment

  1. This is a bit late, but I came across this too through a google search, I too tried both and i prefer endomondo despite its odd name. I found sportypal would be too sensitive in me checking the screen to see my distance and when I wanted to end my workout. So I ended up with incomplete workouts. Endomondo has a better website once you've uploaded the workouts too and allows you to see your best time for 1mile and compare personal bests. It's just shame you need to be premium user for some features.

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts

Visits

web traffic statistics

Recent comments