Alhamdulillah... I am a Muslim

Friday, May 25, 2018

I converted to Islam on my freewill two weeks ago. Many people would ask, what is my main reason to be converted to Islam? I always knew when I was a kid I will convert to Islam one day.

I grew up in a diverse society (Islam, Christian, Buddha, Hindu, Freethinker, Atheist and etc) where everyone lives in harmony. My mom is a Christian. My father is a freethinker. They sent me to Ugama School when I was 8 years old. I didn’t know what is the reason they send me but I guess they want me to learn about Islam, more or less teaching me to become a better person.

I read the bible and went to churches every Sunday with my mom when I was a kid. I can say… I have experience both religions in my life. I know there are times when I asked myself, which religion will I choose eventually? My parents never force me or my siblings convert to any religions. They want us to go and seek ourselves and convert on our freewill. 

I didn’t finish Ugama School and dropped out on final year but I did learn many things on Islam. I have many great non-muslim friends and we did many crazy things together but in the end of the day, whenever I have the time to think back of the things we did… The enjoyment is temporary. I still finding myself in circle without a purpose and thinking there is a better way where I can be rewarded in the afterlife. 

This is where Islam teaches me over the years. I keep coming back and seek for Allah whenever I remember Him during my sadness and happiness. I always pray to Him that He can guides me to become a better person. Finally, that day came and I said my own Shahada in front of my beloved family, cousins and girlfriend. 

‘There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah"

Alhamdulillah… I am a Muslim.
Alhamdulillah Allahu Akbar Subhanallah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Visits

web traffic statistics

Recent comments