Transition Endomondo to MapMyRun

Saturday, April 17, 2021

It is sad to see one of the most reliable Sports app has been retired. I have been using this app since 2011 for running and hiking. It shows more stats than any other app and gradually improved since then. When Endomondo was acquired by Under Armour in 2015, I was very excited to see where this will lead to. More devices and applications were integrated for Endomondo


Eventually, Under Armour decided to retire this awesome app and lead everyone to use MapMyRun (which is another app acquired by UA). I dislike the idea. This is the second time I experienced to let go of my favourite app, the first one was Sportypal

UA makes thing seemless for people to switch from Endomondo to MayMyRun (with discounts for subscriptions and imported historical data from Endomondo to MayMyRun). I was at first very disappointed with the MayMyrRun app but eventually decided to just give this app a chance. I am sure, most of the people don't have any choice but to actually just move on with this app. As long as I can see my historical data and other devices/apps (Relive) integration are still there. I'm happy.

So what are your thoughts? I hope Under Armour don't mess this app again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Visits

web traffic statistics

Recent comments